Sunday, January 30, 2022

Drastic Measures Stupid Good Hazy IPA


Drastic Measures Stupid Good Hazy IPA.

6.6 % ABV. 60 IBU. Drastic Measures Brewing, Wadena, MN. 

Well, folks, here it is, only the third beer by this brewery in the Nib, and this will make the third hazy IPA by them. I really should have picked up another beer by them of another style by now, not sure why I never did. And this, one of their best known and most popular beers, appears at this time not because I have dropped my ban on the hazies, but because their new sales rep, my ol' pal Brenson, has shared samples and this can landed in my hands. Let's drink this with an open mind and try forget my feelings on the hazy trend which both bores and aggravates me at once.


Considerably dense and clouded, bright golden hue, thin, but lasting ivory head. 

In the nose: citrus notes and tropical, too. Subtle, but solid. 

In the mouth: Soft and delicate. Citrusy. Lacking any bitterness at all. Very mellow and toned down. Smooth and fuzzy. Just a little bit juicy. Mild on the palate. A bit too much on the sweet side, could  use even the slightest dose of bitter. Easily consumed. Good hazy, for those who like that sort of thing, and one certainly can drink it. (Personally, it's all ho-hum to me.)

I vow that I will try more beers from this brewery and they will not be hazies. 

So Good, It's ...See what we did there? When we first brewed this juicy Northeast style IPA, the immediate reaction was unanimous and there was only one name that seemed inappropriate. Since then, we've brewed a bunch more beers in this style, but this is the original...and the one that keeps people coming back for more. So, sit back, relax, and get Stupid!

This must be my problem. I don't relax and get stupid enough. 



No comments: