Friday, January 21, 2022

Bent Brewstillery I Am Jack's Complete Lack of Surprise DDH West Coast IPA

Bent Brewstillery I Am Jack's Complete Lack of Surprise DDH West Coast IPA. Hoppped with Citra and El Dorado. 

6.5 % ABV, 40 IBU. Bent Brewstillery, Roseville, MN. 


Utmost clarity, brightest golden hue, large and lovely ivory head. Looking fine. 

In the nose: floral, citric, and slightly piney. Orange and lemon with a twist of dank.

In the mouth: Crisp, clean, hoppy, and dry. Just enough bitterness to qualify. Medium bodied and easily quaffable. Flooded with citrus hop flavors. Shines brightly on the palate. Isn't quite what I want from a West Coast IPA, but that's probably the DDH-ing mucking up the parts I like best. Close enough, this time. 

Not too shabby, there, Bent, not too shabby. (In other words, I enjoyed it.)

West-coast IPA featuring El Dorado and Citra hops.

No comments: