Saturday, January 15, 2022

Invictus Twin Cities Live It's 3 O'Clock Somewhere Hazy Pale Ale


Invictus Twin Cities Live It's 3 O'Clock Somewhere Hazy Pale Ale. Beer for the Unconquerable Soul. 

4.5 % ABV, 40 IBU. Invictus Brewing, Blaine, MN. 

And here we have a hazy pale ale. Usually, I eschew such offerings, for I have grown exceedingly weary of the hazies. But it was given to me, and I must always accept. Once in my possession, I must review. It is the way. 

It's hazy alright, and bright golden, with a slim white head. 

In the nose: Alive with citrusy hop notes, orange, lemon, tangerine. A hint of grapefruit. All smothered in fuzz. 

In the mouth: Bright and foggy at once. Juicy, shiny hops play on the palate. And below it's a murky mess with gobs of goopy glop. It's a hoppy, hazy pale ale and it can surely be drunk, but...I just find no joy in this. Pale ales should be crisp and clean, not mangled up in muck. Gets a solid "eh" out of me. 

No comments: