Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Bent Paddle Classic Cream Ale

 Bent Paddle Classic Cream Ale. Finest Ingredients. Superior Water.

5 % ABV. 19 IBU. Bent Paddle Brewing, Duluth, MN.

Cream ales are not a style I seek out. They are simply not made with me in mind. This one found it's way into my fridge via a Bent Paddle Adventure Pack, all in order to get to the Oatmeal Stout, which will be reviewed here soon. Though I don't pick cream ales on purpose, I can appreciate a good one. So, let's give this one some further examination. 

Clear, bright golden color, slim white head. 

In the nose: grainy, a little malty, slight nuttiness.

In the mouth: Crisp and clean, light bodied. Exceedingly drinkable. More of the grain and nut. Tastes just like a cream ale should. Refreshing and slightly sweet. Negligible hops/bitterness. (Remember how I said they don't make them for me?)

I'd recommend this one. If you like cream ales. 

Bent Paddle Classic is an easy-going beer for any beer drinker. Straight forward and light with a smooth, creamy finish. This beer brings things back to the basics - sometimes, all you want is a beer that tastes like beer. Classic.

No comments: