Monday, January 3, 2022

Junkyard Jowls Mango-Tangerine Blueberry Sour

Junkyard Jowls Mango-Tangerine Blueberry Sour.

5.8 % ABV, Junkyard Brewing, Moorhead, MN. 


And here we have a beer that I certainly could have bought for myself if I had wanted to many months ago, but didn't, because I have been skipping the sours. How does it end up in my possession? Well, I brought too many beers to Christmas and so did my Fargo nephew Daniel, and we did a trade. And here we go....

To the eye: Thick, impenetrable, raspberry-ish look, thin red head. 

In the nose: oh, so fruity. Ever so fruity. Jammy. But it's mango-tangerine and blueberry, huh? Is that right? I certainly can't pick them apart. 

In the mouth: Big fruit. big pulp. Mostly sweet, some sour. Not enough to label it a "sour", not at all. I honestly can't taste anything but fruit. I mean, that's cool, that's nice, but it ain't beer no more. There's nothing beer-like about this. Nothing sour-like, either. Boy, oh, boy. 

Jowls is dripping with the most extravagant fruit combination! It attacks your tastebuds with tart blueberry and juicy tangerine. Pops of mango complete this sour, giving it a full, smooth sweetness! This fierce trio is so good, it will have you swimming through dangerous waters just to get another sip!

No comments: