Sunday, June 6, 2021

Inbound North Star Cowboy Prickly Pear IPA

Inbound North Star Cowboy Prickly Pear IPA.


6.4 % ABV, 54 IBU. Inbound BrewCo., Minneapolis, MN. 

There was some confusion when this beer made it's way into my possession. Should I review it? Hadn't I had it before? Well, maybe something similar. I had a prickly pear NE IPA from a crowler by Inbound last year. But, this one is not a New England IPA, and it has a new name, and is out there in the marketplace. 

It is decided. Notes ahoy!

Clear, bright rosy/ruby red coloring, slim white head. 

In the nose: fruity, growing in stature and presence over time, moderate hops, increasingly apparent pears and pricklies. 

In the mouth: Starts out slightly tart and very juicy, mild bitterness that grows on the palate. Vibrant, arresting, maybe even delicious. Medium bodied, long mildly hoppy finish. Intriguing balance between bitterness and juicy fruit flavors. I am enjoying this one. It provides me with considerable delights. 

Juicy prickly pear fruit brings a vibrant flavor that might get mistaken for berries, melon, or even pineapple, this cactus fruit delivers a desert sunset right to your palate. 

No comments: