Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Able Hidden Peach Hazy India Pale Ale


J

Able Hidden Peach Hazy IPA. With Sabro, Wai-iti, and Zythos Hops. And on the side of the label, in fine print: Contains lactose. 

6 .1 % ABV, 15 IBU. Able Seedhouse & Brewery, Minneapolis, MN. 

Once again, I find myself busting my self-imposed boycott on the hazies. As well as my lactose ban. Once again, a sample provided to me, and I cannot refuse free beer. Let's see if it's a good one. 

Considerably clouded, pale yellow color, slim white head on top. 

In the nose: Soft and citrusy. Slice of pineapple, and, yeah, I can get a whiff of peach, as well. 

In the mouth: Juicy and bright at first, with citrus tones climbing on the palate, lemon and orange and tangerine, swiftly overtaken those peachy notes hinted at ever slightly by the handle on this here beer. Minor hops, little bitterness, smooth malty flavors. Yeah, it's a smooth one. Creamy, even. Yeah...creamy.

This is a competent ale, it's sure to delight some, but is plainly not for me. IPAs should have some bitter edge to them. They shouldn't be wholly neutered, defanged, and rendered ultimately blasé. 

Despite the faults that I find, it's still a tasty beverage. You might like it, and I couldn't blame you. Go ahead and give it a whirl. 

Hazy IPA w/ Sabro, Wai-iti, and Zythos hops. Malt bill provides a silky smooth canvas for multiple dry hop additions. Notes of peaches and cream on the nose, with large tropical fruit flavor throughout. Finishes slightly sweet and fruity. 



No comments: