Monday, June 21, 2021

The Fermentorium Rainbows & Lollipops American DIPA

The Fermentorium Rainbows & Lollipops American DIPA. Preserving Tradition, Unleashing Imagination. 

7.7 % ABV, 55 IBU. The Fermentorium, Cedarburg, WI. American Double India Pale with Falconer's Flight, Amarillo, and Azacca Hops. 


Here we have the first beer I've tried from The Fermenforium of Cedarburg, WI. The first wave of their cans sold out very quickly at the retail store where I currently work, before I had a chance to try them out. With this next wave, I was surprised that the DIPA was 12.49, and the West Coast IPA priced at 14.49. Don't the double IPAs usually get priced higher, with all those extra hops and stuff? I'll get to the West Coast soon, as it does not broach that $16 price wall I've got set up. 

Clear, bright golden/amber hue, large and lasting creamy head. 

In the nose: dank, resinous, citrus notes, tropical, candied fruit, gummi bears. 

In the mouth: Some bitterness up front, leading into juicy. Bold and fresh, but it quits the palate too quickly. And then it returns, for a bit. Maybe I'm hoping for more intensity. Maybe 7.7 % is too low an ABV for a Double IPA. Maybe 55 IBUs isn't enough to turn on this hophead. 

Medium bodied, long bitterness in the finish. Packs a kind of a punch. To tell the truth, I do enjoy this one, it's just not exactly what I want from the style. Close, though. 

Life’s not always Rainbows and Lollipops, so we created this DIPA to put a smile on your face and let you know to not take things too seriously. Packed with tropical & citrus notes from heavy handed hop additions, it offers a balance of sweet smoothness and layers of fruity flavors.

No comments: