Thursday, June 10, 2021

Mikerphone Raindrop DropTop Double Dry-hopped Double India Pale Ale

Mikerphone Raindrop DropTop Double Dry-hopped Double India Pale Ale.

8% ABV. Mikerphone Brewing, Elk Grove Village, IL. 

My first from these guys, the Illinois brewery named for a guy named Mike and his love of audio equipment. Let's see how I like it. 

All cloudy and hazy, dull orange, large ivory head. 

In the nose: Soft and citric, slightly sweet. 

In the mouth: All fuzzy and cottony and thick with the haze. They never warn you. Soft and soft and soft. Mightily mellow. Soft orange, soft grapefruit, very soft. Like a mouthful of gauze. And a mouthful of gauze ain't no fun. Protein haze aplenty. Low bitterness. Hop flavors, yeah, but I ain't digging it. 

I just don't like beers like this. A lot of you do, though, so don't let me stop you. 

Man, when I see DDH DIPA, I should just turn and walk away. 

I can't blame myself for this one, it was a sample. 

Double Dry-Hopped Double IPA w/ Citra and Riwaka Hops

You know what, I'm going to do that thing where I check in on other people's opinions, because I can't believe I'm so in the minority. Visiting Untappd for this, as usual. 

Dave says: Delicious Citra & Riwaka DIPA. Hits the spot after crushing X number of Hamm's this week. Yes X, not XX 🙄 Too hot out for too many big crafties 🤷🏼‍♂️

I'll be honest, I didn't know people were saying "crafties"....I'm so out of it.

Bryan offers: Fruity front with some mango/stone fruit and a hop back end. Solid pour 🍻

I don't want a "hop back end." I want it up front and in the middle. Also, is everyone using emojis all the time? 

Says Chris G: Dayammm, Mikerphone. Always so 🔥🔥🔥 This brew is phenomenal and thus far underrated. Pillowy mango and peach pulp rounded out with a firm hop punch in the fade. 

I don't want my mango pillowy. Maybe I'm alone in this. And my hatred of emojis.

James S. calls it: Epic Sauce! but uses no emojis, so I can't be sure of him. 

Tim J. tells us: This drink turned me into the Migos .. got at cultivate .. hints of fruit or pine or something ... I like a lot v summery

Turning someone into the Migos might be this beer's worst crime. 

And I am simply alone on this one. 

No comments: