Thursday, June 24, 2021

Tucher Dunkles Hefe Weizen Naturtrüb

Tucher Dunkles Hefe Weizen Naturtrüb. Aus Bayern. Authentic Bavarian Wheat Beer. 

5.2 % ABV. Tucher Bräu (Subsidiary of Radeberger Gruppe), Fürth, Bayern Germany.


So, these cans showed up at the retail store where I am currently working, along with their Helles Hefe Weizen, which I will also be checking out soon, and I wondered if this brewery has appeared here in the Nib before. Nope. Did I review it over on RateBeer or BeerAdvocate? Nuh-uh. Never? It appears so. I've always been aware of the brewery, has it never been available here, or did I just pass it over through the years? That can't be right. Doesn't sound like me at all. Maybe I've seen it in books so often that I thought I'd had it before. Well, let's fix the situation and drink some Tucher Brau right now. 

Clear, garnet-hued, with caramel-y, chestnut trim, hefty layer of cocoa-tinged foam above. 

In the nose: sweet and malty from the start, more cocoa and caramel mingling with the wheat flavors. Banana and clove bubble below. 

In the mouth: More sweet and loveliness, coupled with the silky and the smooth. Those flavors from the aroma land on the palate, more cocoa, caramel, banana and clove. Classic Bavarian Hefe Weizen with the dark malt twist. 

I love a good Dunkel Weisse and this most assuredly is one. 

A Bavarian specialty of dark colored, top fermented yeast beer with typical yeast cloudiness. 

Its unmistakable and well balanced taste is due to an excellent choice of dark aromatic malt and goes very well with traditional Bavarian dishes.

No comments: