Thursday, June 24, 2021

Wild Mind Grammar Rodeo New England / Hazy IPA

Wild Mind Grammar Rodeo New England / Hazy IPA.

6.5 % ABV. Brewed and canned by Wild Mind Artisan Ales, Minneapolis, MN. 


Despite my ban on the hazies, I had to add this one to the Bitter Nib Database. After all, I can't say no to a good Simpsons reference. 

All hazed out, dull orange color, bright, lasting, lace-leaving ivory head. 

In the nose: Citrus and tropical tones. Some sweetness. Mango and pineapple meet orange and grapefruit. 

In the mouth: Super Smooth, but just enough bitterness. Big citrus, much fruit, large flavor. Quite tasty. Lemon and grapefruit, a touch of lemongrass. Bitterness hangs on the palate just long enough for my liking. Medium bodied, long, hoppy finish. Highly satisfactory for a hophead such as I. 

I may seem to be always harping against the hazies, but when they're good, I like them. And this is one. 

Hazy IPA brewed with wheat, spelt, and oats. Double dry-hopped with Amarillo, Simcoe, Motueka, and Idaho 7.


No comments: