Friday, June 4, 2021

Oliphant Ennui'd Galaxy Single Hop India Pale Ale


Oliphant Ennui'd Galaxy Single Hop India Pale Ale.

7.5 % ABV, Oliphant Brewing, Somerset, WI. 

Way back, six years ago, I had a beer from Oliphant called EnnuiPA, one in a series of IPAs, with a different single hop showcased. That one was with Waimea. They didn't continue that series for very long. I believe this to be a revival of that concept, under a new name.

But I have no idea what is going on with Jeremy's illustration. Footnotes, please. 

Lightly hazed, bright golden hue, large and lasting ivory head.

In the nose: Citrus and pine, lemon and orange. 

In the mouth: Starts out bold, bitter and citric. Grapefruit, lime, and pine. Just a little juicy, with a judicious jolt of bitterness carrying it through. Leaning hard into deliciousness. Medium-bodied, clean, crisp and quite refreshing. 

This one's right on the money. Giving me what I want in an IPA. I take great delight in a beer such as this with appropriate hop flavor and bitterness. Keep bringing 'em, Oliphant. 

single hop IPA w/ galaxy hops!

No comments: