Wednesday, January 2, 2013

North Coast Old Stock Ale Otsuchi 2012


North Coast Old Stock Ale Otsuchi 2012. 11.7 % ABV.

There's a whole, long story about this beer, that I can't remember. Maybe it's online somewhere?

Murky maroon-ish, deep magenta hue, with a smallish off-white head.

Aroma: vast and malty ,rich, vinous, dark fruits aplenty.

Taste: cherry, grape, a little brandy-like. Medium to full-bodied. Maltastic. Delicerous. (I'm making up words now. That happens.)

Growing heat. Building flavors, increasing immensity.

Oddly, I don't love this, though I like it just enough. Maybe it needs some time, but I think all beers ought to be judged once they're released. Lovely enough, but didn't "wow" me.

Maybe it was the mood I was in, exhausted from bartending another New Year's Eve. I'll look at giving this one another shot.

No comments: