Monday, October 7, 2013

Russian River Blind Pig IPA

Had this one last night, at Joe and Liz's place. First had the Blind Pig from a growler, back in October of 2005. The notes are here:


Clear and golden hued,...lush, enormous white head, ...beautiful...a lace-leaver...

Aroma is flat-out piney hops, prickly, sparkly, tingly, tangy, yum...ferociously fresh flavor, pineapple and apricot, lemon, and pine cones...damned fresh...I love it! God, I love it!

Taste it, already...slides on board the palate assuredly and provides the same fresh, vibrant hoppy flavor that blessed the nose. Zips merrily along the tongue, blazing bitterness, but balanced beautifully with zesty flavor. Never, never quits...so easy to drink, and so ample in it's hoppy bounty...

Not too anything, this, and just right with all the appropriate ingredients, especially for the hopheads in the house....medium-bodied, with a lightly bitter, fruity finish...holy crud, I could spin every superlative off the top of my head and still feel like I've missed a few...every IPA I've tasted from Russian River has been amazing, and this continues that trend...if Vinnie is capable of making a bad one, I don't want to know...

No comments: