Friday, November 29, 2013

Town Hall Dark Krystal Filtered Dunkel Weizen


Town Hall Dark Krystal, filtered dunkel wizen. Purchases last Wednesday at Town Hall, with a "best by" date of 11/27. That's today! Let's drink some.

Clear, dark mahogany hue, nearly crimson, very small head whittles down to nil.

Soft banana in the nose, slight cocoa. "Muted" is their word, and it's the best one. What would be bursting out in an unfiltered version is playing it nice and cool. Minor amounts of clove.

Taste: Smooth on the palate, light-medium bodied, small, but fruity finish. Ends a little dry, sharp, succinct. The only problem is, is that I'm missing what I want from a dunkel wizen. I need the yeast flavors. Got to have them. If I know they 're not there, and they should be, I keep on wishing for them. Very clean, snappy, nice and drinkable. Ain't nothing wrong with it….except for all the things I wish it was.

Here's the brief description from Town Hall:
Brewed in the same fashion as a Dunkelweizen. Light banana, clove, and chocolate characters. But we filtered this beer to give it a very bright and Krystal look. Smooth, refreshing, and a great body.

No comments: