Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Dogfish Head 75 Minute IPA


Dogfish 75 Minute IPA. Can this be my first time with this beer? It boggles the mind. And it's about time.

About this label. They make a version of this beer, or some sort of IPA, called Johnny Cask, using an image of JC pounding a spile into a firkin with a bunghammer. And this image has groucho glasses and stache. I don't know what that means. And I'm going to do what I usually do and drink it blind, without reading the label until I've had enough and tried and tried to figure it out. Here we go…

Clear, bright amber coloring, beautiful bone white head, lasting long, looking lovely.

Aroma: Ah! Citrus and pine aplenty. Gorgeous. A little tropical fruit, melon and pineapple in this nose. Orange and lime, too. Ah, I say again.

Taste: Boom! Just what we want from an IPA, but creamy and smooth and just delightful. Bittersweet notes blast the palate, followed by malty sweetness. None too caustic, this IPA, it's smooth and palatable as can be.

I peeked at the label. Maple syrup? Not getting that yet. Huh.

Hop bitterness is restrained, but enjoyable. Delicious. Tasty. I'm loving it. I'm liking this so much, it's time to find out more about it. Okay, so…."A bottle conditioned India Pale Ale with maple syrup." 7.5% ABV. There are some situations when 90 is too much. There are other situations when 60 is too little. There are many situations when 75 is just right. Bottle-conditioned with pure maple syrup for complexity and dry-hopped out the bejeezum boards."
Did the estate of the Man in Black require Dogfish Head to alter the image above to the label below?
Add caption

No comments: