Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Sisyphus The First Beer That We Named IPA


Sisyphus Brewing's The First Beer That We Named. None of the other beers had names, apparently. Just styles. I thought they were named after their styles, but I guess I was wrong. It's 7% ABV, 83 IBUs, and I'm pretty sure it's some kind of IPA. I've had it a couple of times, and I liked it more each time. Maybe I'll like it even more tonight? Let's crack the crowler and find out...

Appearance: hazy, golden/amber coloring. large and lasting, creamy white head. Looks great.

Aroma: Everything you want in a bright, citrus-y IPA is right here in the nose. Vibrant orange and lemon, a little grapefruit. Lively floral notes. Just about right on the money. Just a little piney, too, in fact.

Taste: Bam! An explosion of hops pounds on the palate, spreading citric flavors and bitterness about. Citrus zest is delivered in force with each new sip and swallow. Bam! Pow! Zazz! (Zazz?) (Yeah, zazz, and also gazork.)
Medium/light bodied, long, bitter finish. Succulent, this one. And satisfying. Just about right on the money, I'd say. (wait, I already said it. So, I said it twice. Worse things have happened.)

No comments: