Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Evil Twin Even More Jesus Imperial Stout

Evil Twin Even More Jesus. 12% ABV Imperial Stout. On tap at Acadia.

Solid black coloring, rich cocoa nose, slim, but long lasting.

In the nose: more depth, more richness, all the cocoa and coffee, a little bit of pepper and anise. It's got it all going on.

Int the mouth: Massive malt, deep flavors, mild bitterness, great balance. I wouldn't immediately guess that it's 12% ABV. That'll come in later, I presume. Bittersweet, chocolatey, with all the mmmm's. Yeah, I like this one. It'll do nicely.

Oh, but if I were the Evil Twin website, I guess I'd have to put it more like this:
A few times in the history of craft beer it has happened that a highly praised beer rises beyond mortal stardom into a higher godly league. Usually the recipe to make such heavenly drops is thick fudge-like body, pitch black color, amazingly overwhelming aromas of chocolate, coffee, dark fruits and muscovado sugar, obviously only made in limited amounts and most crucial of all - it must taste rare!

Style: Imperial Stout
Brewed: Westbrook Brewing Co, SC
ABV: 12

No comments: