Thursday, May 10, 2018

Lupulin Straight Hash Homie Double IPA

Lupulin Straight Hash Homie 100% Hop Hash Double IPA. Lupulin Brewing, Big Lake, MN. 7.7% ABV, 60 IBU.

I haven't been to Lupulin Brewing since 2016, and I can offer no excuse as to why not. When this beer was being talked up and highly hyped, by both the beer geek community, and the brewery itself, I wasn't on board right away, and had a few questions. "Hop Hash?" Oh, you mean Lupulin powder. I guess we're doing drug references. They had a 4/20 release for it, on 4/20 at 4:20. "cause it's so dankalicious. I tire of drug references.

So, I listened to the raves and convinced my bosses that a keg this expensive is worthwhile. And I bought a 4-pack to do this review. These notes are from can #4. I'm not too sad that they're gone, because it's on tap now I can drink it every night after work. Unless we get swamped and the keg runs dry. I see this as a challenge for you, dear reader, if you live in proximity to where I work. Try to drain the keg before I do.

Lightly hazed,  bright golden hued, slim slab of ivory foam above.

In the nose: Fresh, lively, vibrant. The citrus notes are at play, and the piney ones, too. Hop bitterness and flavor rings and echoes through the caverns of the senses. Quite nice.

In the mouth: Here. it's more clear, intense, incredibly flavorful. An essential distillation of all things lupuloid. Day-yum. I may have an issue or two with their insistence on using the potty talk, but if this isn't "the good shit", I don't know what is. Juicy, slightly sweet, luscious. Pineapple and papaya meet a touch of grapefruit and lime, and it lingers long on the palate. Did I say "delicious" yet? Well, I should have by now. Unless I plan on using up every synonym before I get to it.

This is just strong enough, bitter enough, and flat out fantastic enough to make it one of my favorite IPAs of all time. Favorite beers, even? Maybe. It's so damned good.

Straight Hash Homie is made using only pure, 100% Lupulin powder. In the boil, while whirlpooling, and dry hopping(or Hash Hopping), not a pellet or cone saw the beer. Bursting with flavors of fresh tropical fruit, with a soft bitterness.
Don’t get left holding the bag! This beer is a limited edition beer!

No comments: