Thursday, August 8, 2019

Drastic Measures Enforcer DIPA

So, Brett from Disgruntled got so disgruntled that he took off and started a new brewery. (I know, there's obviously more to it than that.) And that is Drastic Measures of Wadena, MN. At last, their beers are hitting the local stores and I picked up a 4-pack of a double IPA. I don't like paying $18 for 4 cans, but on the other hand, I just had to try it. And once again, I drank 3 without a comment or any trouble, and now I pour out #4 and will give it appropriate contemplation.

Disgruntled Brewing Enforcer DIPA.
 7.9 % ABV. 82 IBU.
Drastic Measure Brewing, Wadena, MN.

Medium haze. Cause that's half the craze. Murky-ish orange-like hue. Slim white head.

In the nose: Sweet, fruity, hoppy. Tropical tones loom over citrus notes.

In the mouth: Bitter and tart starts it off, quickly subsumed by fruity, sweet, tropical and a touch of citrus. Tasty stuff. Low bitterness, high smooth. Lean body, lush malt. Particularly pleasing.

I like this one, and look forward to trying more of their stuff.

El Dorado and enigma hops. Drastic yeast blend #2.

No comments: