Sunday, May 17, 2020

ONE Upside Down Blonde Ale

ONE Upside Down Blonde Ale. 6.5 % ABV. 15 IBU.
ONE Fermentary & Taproom, Minneapolis, MN.

Clear, amber hued, slim white head.

In the nose: Malty, cracker-y, bread-like. mild hops, well-balanced.

In the mouth: Lean, clean, slight hop bitterness, mostly malty. Doesn't really taste like a blonde ale, more of an amber, maybe. Not getting the flavors of a blonde, not sure what flavors I'm getting...or, that I'm supposed to get.

There's a touch of spice in the malt flavors, and virtually no hop bitterness. Slightly juicy, turning dry in the end. I'm not sure what to think of this one. You can drink it, but I can say that I'm really enjoying it.

What do they have to say?

Fruit-forward blonde ale with sweet pineapple and tart cherry

Pineapple? Cherry? Tart? Well, maybe I can pick up some cherry...pineapple? I'm going to meditate on this while I finish off the crowler...maybe something will pop up.

That "spicy malt" flavor I picked up was actually the tart cherry, slowly emerging, and the pineapple remains mostly hidden. You'd think it would be more forward, given that it helps form the name of this beer, in a sense.

It's an alright fruited blonde ale, and you can drink it.

No comments: