Sunday, September 24, 2023

Steel Toe Fresh Hop IPA

 Steel Toe Fresh Hop IPA. 


6.3 % ABV, 50 IBU. Steel Toe Brewing, St. Louis Park, Minnesota.

A week and a half ago, this beer appeared at the store where I work, five cases of it. I bought a 6-pack immediately. I asked the driver if this was their first one, since I’d never heard of a fresh hop from Steel Toe. He said they made one three years ago, but I can’t find it on Untappd.

I drank one a night every night, hoping there’d be some left so I could buy more when I got back after my two days off. Nope, all gone. The beer buyer ordered extra Size 7 to last until he got back from vacation. Fifteen cases was enough for Size 7, but 5 was not enough for Fresh Hop. Maybe I need to hit up the brewery?

I saved #6 for when I felt like taking notes, which turns out to be tonight.

Clear, bright golden hue, slim, lasting layer of ivory head.

In the nose: deep dankness. Lively and pungent pine and citrus notes. 

In the mouth: hop assault on the palate, bursting with bitterness. Lean-bodied and luscious. Ridiculously drinkable. Ever so delicious. Hoppy goodness lays long through the finish. I can’t say enough good things. A thorough delight. 

To celebrate this year's hop harvest, we teamed up with Waterford Hops out of Monticello, MN to bring you Fresh Hop IPA. Featuring Centennial Hope which were picked at their peak then added into the beer in less than 12 hours, creating a beer bursting with orange blossom and citrus notes. Finishes crisp to maximize your enjoyment of the fresh! 

No comments: