Thursday, November 16, 2023

Back Channel Ballooney Bin West Coast India Pale Ale

Back Channel Ballooney Bin West Coast India Pale Ale. 


7% ABV, Back Channel Brewing, Spring Park, MN. 

Well, all right, now, Back Channel made a beer that I might actually like. Let’s see how this goes. 

Clear, deep golden hue, slim white head. 

In the nose: vibrant piney notes with citrus on the side. Grapefruit and orange peel, with a squirt of lime. 

In the mouth: bitter and resinous at once, bursting with hoppy goodness. Sufficiently dry, clean and bitter. Medium bodied, with a long, bitter finish, lasting long on the tongue. 

This isn’t exactly how I like my West Coast IPAs, but I’m happy with how close they get. There’s a touch to much sweetness in it. I always want it dry and brittle. 

Can I get this one in a bowl?

No comments: