Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Junkyard Simcoe West Coast Style Double IPA

 Junkyard Simcoe West Coast Style Double IPA.


8.5 % ABV, 100 IBU, Junkyard Brewing, Moorhead, Minnesota. 

Wait, what have we here? A West Coast Double I PA from Junkyard? Not a hazy, or New England, or Vermont-style? The kind of IPA I like? No shit. Let’s drink it! 

Crystal clear, bright golden hue, snow white layer of foam.

In the nose: citrus and tropical, passion fruit and mango, orange and melon. I’m loving it.

In the mouth: hoppy blast bounces on the palate, with restrained bitterness and a jolt of the juicy. Light bodied and easy drinking, for the style. Alcohol hasn’t rung in too loudly…yet…nope, here it is. All in all, a noteworthy expression of my favorite style. I’ll happily enjoy this one again and again.

I’m not sure that I enjoy Simcoe all solo, but I’m not complaining, either. 

Simcoe...yup!

No comments: