Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Pizza Port Mongo Double India Pale Ale

 Pizza Port Mongo Double India Pale Ale.


8% ABV, 100 IBU, Pizza Port Brewing, Carlsbad, CA. 

This is my 18th Mongo. Six-packs of 16-ouncers for fifteen bucks. That’s a bargain for a double IPA. Every time I bought a 6-pack, I held on to one for the note taking, then drank it and bought another. This time for sure! And then I’ll buy another. 

Mostly clear, with a chill haze, bright golden hue, large ivory head. 

In the nose: big citrus and pine, with a twist of sweet, a touch of candy, a little stone fruit.

In the mouth: hoppy, fruity, and thick. Medium bodied with a long, lingering bitterness hanging hard on the palate. Citrus explosion all the way. Grapefruit, pine, orange and mango. And the booze rides in and it won’t quit. Me, I am digging it. It works for me. 

Mongo is a big wave of big flavor. This DIPA bursts with classic hoppy character thanks to additions of Columbus, Cascade, Centennial and Simcoe hops. You can expect massive aromas of citrus with notes of piney bitterness on the finish.


No comments: