Friday, January 14, 2011

Tyranena Dirty Old Man Imperial Rye Porter


There's a wine store downtown that I swore off years ago, due to dusty bottle, and stocks of boxes in front of the beer coolers, as well as the specialty shelves. Don't want me to reach your beers? Fine, I won't shop there.
Well, I was informed that they've largely fixed these troubles, and have been back to find a great selection and good prices. Better yet, it's a block away from a bus line that takes me within a half block of my apartment. And because it's been ignored by the beer geekerati, like me, there are some gems left untouched. Like older entries in the Brewers Gone Wild Series. Like this one:

"Dark brown in color, beautiful,. toasty tan head keeps command above...lovely looking...

I get the rye, roasty and dry...nicely toasted. Dusted cocoa powder...

Taste: a chocolate bomb, with a muted explosion, dry rye reigns it in. Simply put: someone put peanut butter in my chocolate!
Cool, classical, and utterly satisfactory...not too sweet, not too rich, but with very prominent booziness.
Rye porters seem to be the way to go...put some in a whiskey barrel and you've got me on a leash!
Cool...lightly sweet, big time dry, full on flavor, expanse satisfaction.
Hotcha!"

Notes from March, 2008

No comments: