Monday, January 3, 2011

Deschutes Jubelale


Picked up a six-pack of this one at Zipp's last Tuesday. This notes are from my first tasting, from a trade, over 7 years ago, December of 2003. I'll post it verbatim, with only small corrections, because I believe it still holds true:

"Appearance: hazy, murky, but bright cherry-red color, lighter and transparent at foot and sides, beneath a great, creamy head of foam.

Aroma: instant rich, sweet maltiness, with fruity flavors, too, and slight nuttiness, but altogether wonderful, a true treat to drink in the nose.

Taste: abundant, and wonderful. with tasty malt, just enough hops, a medium body, and a flavor that ranks among the most delicious. Possessed of a thick, clinging, sweetness on the texture that hangs mightily on the palate and makes this winter ale a never-ending delight. Mmm, Mmm.
This one really hit the spot! "

I may have oversung it's praises a tad, and I wasn't even getting paid to do so. Despite such robust enthusiasm back when I couldn't get the beer here, it was a low price tag that sealed the deal when eyeing the cooler. A few more bottles left in the 6-er, which I'll enjoy with appropriate gusto.

No comments: