Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Grand Tetons Old Faithful Pale Golden


A Taste of the Tetons, Pale Golden, Old Faithful Ale, Yellowstone's Finest. Brewed and bottled by Grand Teton Brewing Co., 430 Old Jackson Hole Hwy, Victor, ID

Lightly clouded, golden appearance, slim and slender, beautiful ivory head.

Aromatics: grainy right off the bat, crisp maltiness is king. Fruity esters, apricot and orange, some sweetness. Mmm, mmm. If I stretched my nostrils further, I'd start talking about bubblegum and bananas, but I'm glad I stopped before that happened.

Taste: smooth, clean, lightly malty, just a little sweet, and, yeah, a bit strong. Malt sweetness grows and grows, and could be a little light, I'm just saying.

Bright. Fruity. Malty. Tasty. A tiny bit lesser-bodied than I'd like. Could use some more…some more something. Just a bit more complexity and flavor. That's be nice.

I didn't know this was an "American Blonde" when I had it, fooled myself into thinking it was a Belgian golden ale, without the alcoholic punch. Probably a good reason why I found it so uninspired. Didn't match it up with what I imagined it was supposed to be…if that makes sense...

No comments: