Thursday, June 9, 2011

Town Hall Pale Weiss


Pale Weiss, aka Wheat Pale Ale, a blend of Kristall Weiss, filtered hefe weizen, and American pale ale.

Clear, amber coloring, beautiful, snowy white head, puffed up and proud, lace-leaving, lovely.

Aroma: Mmm, there's banana and orange in there, a little bit of spice. Hit of clove. Some lemon. Sweet, spicy, and ever-so nicey

Tastin' it: Mmmm, smooth. Light-bodied, easy-drinking. A hoppy number, more-so than your typical weisen, but it doesn't really help this yeast-less version. I could use the yeast here.
It's a Reese's peanut butter cup situation. Someone put wheat in my pale ale! Or, did they put hops in my hefe weizen?
Little sweetness, met with the spicy tang of hops. Nice fruitiness, but very atypical. Grapes and melons, even.

Excellent beer, but not to my taste. I typically need more hefe with my weizen, and feel the flavors that result in this combination and not for me.

No comments: