Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mango Mama


Speaking of Mama, here's her sister, the Mango Mama. First infused back in 2007. Only on tap, once in a while, you're lucky to find it. Rarely growlered, but Mike did the Stone Growler Club a favor back then, and that's how I reviewed it in September, 2007. Here's how I wrote about it on BeerAdvocate on that initial tasting:
----------------------------------------------
I'm sure this is just an oversight, but I can't find the "stone growler" option here...I'm sure they'll put one in soon.

Much thanks to Mike Hoops for this fine gift to the members of the Stone Growler community. I missed this one when it was briefly on tap, and now here it is, free of charge in my own very expensive ceramic vessel.

Hazed, deep amber hue, good, lasting white head, if small.

Aroma is ripe and green, bristly, piney, and sweet. Grapefruit meets papaya bristly and burry, but smooth. Remarkably complex and delightful,,,hops aplenty meets juicy sweet fruity.

Taste: WOW! The mango has taken over and holds court in all areas of the palate, with that pleasing Mama hop profile lying just below. Bright, green, then slightly bitter...a bitter hop/sweet fruit tango.

Delicious stuff, this. Easy-drinking, and bursting with flavor. Medium bodied, lightly bitter finish. No wonder this blew out of the pub in a day or so (it was just one keg, I heard, though).

The fruit infusion madness at Town Hall continues apace, but this isn't crazy, it's all out genius. As if my favorite beer couldn't get any better, here it is!

---------------------------------
Four years later, they're still doing it, and it's still amazing!

No comments: