Thursday, June 30, 2011

Town Hall Crimson Oat


My stated goal with this blog o' mine was to have a post, that is to say a beer, a day for every day of the month. If I go over, I try to cap it at 40. (Man, look at January! 50 +!) At this rate, it'll be nearly 500 beers in the course of the year. Even if this continues, it'll take six years to get to the number of reviews I have on BeerAdvocate, but, then again, I'm not likely to revisit every beer I've ever reviewed. And this is also about what I'm drinking now, not what I had I had 5, 6, 7, 8 years ago. (Although, actually, it is, since I'm re-using my old reviews sometimes, rather than penning fresh and pertinent impressions.)

So, here we are posting beer #40 on the last day of the month. Crimson Oat from Town Hall. Finished a growler last night. Here come the notes.

Crimson Oat, Town Hall Brewery…guess what, it's red and there's oat in it. Let's look at it.

Dusky red look on it, nice cocoa head, slimmish.

Aroma: mild, hoppy, herbal, malty…yeah, that's a red ale, a bit hopper than you'd think, but mmm, mmm.

Taste: caramel malt, mild hops, some richness, some redness, definitive hoppitude.
Drink…CONSUMAble and delicious. mmmm. Smooth, oatmeal-enriched body, plenty of spark.

Not too much to tell, just another one of many excellent, and just a little experimental, ales pumped out of Town Hall and their talented brewers.

No comments: