Saturday, June 18, 2011

Oud Beersel Framboise (raspberry lambic)



Oud Beersel Framboise, another one that I know I'd had before I started reviewing (there's a label on one of my notebook collages, I'm sure of it), but never got around to reviewing until I tapped it last fall. (Unless it's one of those that fell off the truck over at BeerAdvocate.) Oud Beersel Framboise was part of Belg-a-Rama #1, back in November, before I started doing this. Got another keg for that Belg-a-Rama 6 1/2 event for Craft Beer Week. Now, it's back on tap, replacing the Timmermans Framboise. I was very glad that they were both briefly on tap together (late Tuesday, early Wednesday) so that I could compare for myself. Yeah, as raspberry lambics go, it's pretty damned great. Here's what I wrote back in November.
--------------------

Fresh off the tap!

Rosy red, clear, bright, with an amazingly pink head, puffy, pillowy, large, lace-leaving, slow to crumble.

Bold aromatics, sends the sweet/tart raspberry-ness far and wide. This is the nose that hits the guy on the other end of the bar, whether he wants it or not. I'm going to pull it up to my nose...
There we go, real raspberries, tart and sweet, weird, fresh, and funky. Love it.

Taste: soft, then zesty, then sour, next flush with fruit. Mmmm, pucker, then the sweet, then the sour, then the zippy refreshment, and the smiles. Funky, funky lambic time! Mmm, delicious. This is the right stuff, never too sweet, the right mix of fruit and funk!

Tassss-teeee!!! Way to go, Oud Beersel, this is the stuff! Good as they get!

No comments: