Monday, June 20, 2011

Beck's


I open bottles of Beck's pretty regularly at work. It's the 2nd top beer I carry from a particular distributor, the very one who gifted me with many samples, via my sales rep. Why was this in the mix? Well, another chance to suffer through one.
Here are my verbatim notes from the last time I deliberately sat down to drink one of these, October of 2007:
-------------------------

How did I get to review #2393 without getting around to Beck's? Another mystery of the world...

Clear pale yellow, slim white head...

Lemony smell, some hops, some pee...sorry, can't help it, the nose smells what the nose smells...is this why folks drink it out the bottle, to avoid the aroma...I can't find anything to like about it. ...but it's not too far from the par for this style, actually.

Big carbonation, sparkling, but sour, lemony flavor, and thinly bodied.

Nothing I can say will stop anyone from buying it...thin, watery, blah...yeesh.
The #1 German beer in America...actual Germans know better.

And that's where I'll leave it.

No comments: