Saturday, January 7, 2017

Barley John's Rogue Galaxy IPA

Barley John's Brew Pub Rogue Galaxy India Pale Ale. 6.2% ABV. Barley John's Brew Pub, New Brighton, MN. (Although I'm using my "brewing company" glass. I accidentally destroyed my BJBP tulip glass many years ago.)

An IPA Andy made after receiving an unexpected package of Galaxy hops that are all the rage now, and seeing a certain film taking place in a galaxy far, far away.

I stole this pic from Andy's
facebook page. His pose of the
action figure reminded me of
when I used to do that, at the
start of this blog. I've since
given all my action figures
to my niece. Maybe, some day,
she'll pose them with her beers,
when she's old enough.
Clear-ish, amber-y toned coloring, full, creamy head.

In the nose: light bitterness, fruity, pleasant.

In the mouth: boards the palate easily and assuredly, leaves traces of bitterness behind. Medium mouthfeel. Plenty of malt in there. And quite tasty. Nice splash of citrus at the front, a little bit of hop spice kicking in, malt keeps it all in check. Quite a nice balance in this one, very even, very cool.

It's a good India Pale Ale and I can drink it. And there ain't nothing wrong with that. Ain't nothin' wrong at all.

No comments: