Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Junkyard Citra Double IPA

Junkyard Citra Double IPA. West Coast-style Double IPA with Citra Hops. 

8.2 % ABV, 100 IBU. Junkyard Brewing, Moorhead, MN. 


Clear, with a slight chill haze. I know, I'm as shocked as you are. Bright golden hue, vibrant ivory head, large and long-lasting. This one looks great! 

In the nose: Citrus explosion. Orange and lemon galore, with grapefruit on the side. Pinch of pine. 

In the mouth: Crisp, clean, brisk, fresh. Ah, remember those words? Before everything became all about the "murk"? I'm glad that Junkyard can actually break away from that mentality that everything has to be hazy these days, even if it happens so very rarely. 

Bursting with Citra hops, blasts of refreshment and deliciousness. Bitterness doesn't match what I want from a double IPA, but it's not hiding, either. Full-on hoptasctic-icity...is a word I just invented. 

Another word I invented? Yum a dum dum. Well, no, that's four words. Four words I invented. 

No comments: