Sunday, October 10, 2021

Oliphant Lumberjack Baes Hazy IPA

Oliphant Lumberjack Baes Hazy IPA.


6.9 % ABV, Oliphant Brewing, Somerset, WI. 

Here I am, drinking a hazy IPA, I, the hater of hazies. Why is that? Because it is Oliphant and I will drink their beers. It is rare when I don't. I draw the line with milkshake IPAs. And ...pasty seltzers. (Lord, I wish that wasn't a real thing.) I'm not saying they have produced such a thing, but if they do, I ain't drinking it.

This one seems to be a collaboration between a series of Stillwater bars and restaurants and the Oliphant brewery, which also serves to celebrate the best-friendship among lumberjacks. I think. 

Hazy, but not too crazy hazy, golden hued, with a long-lasting creamy white head. 

In the nose: Softly citric, slightly tropical. Grapefruit and pineapple. 

In the mouth: Starts out just a little bit bitter, then juicy takes over. Bitterness lingers much longer than I'd expect from a hazy. Many of Oliphant's  hazies don't possess the qualities that I despise in hazies. That utter lack of any bite, the softness and pillowyness. This is a tasty little number that still has some teeth. I can dig it. 

Hazy IPA brewed w/ citra, amarillo & mosaic hops! A Lolo Collab brew!


No comments: