Sunday, October 10, 2021

Hammerheart Vårtid Pilsner

Hammerheart Vårtid Pilsner.

5.1 % ABV, Hammerheart Brewing, Lino Lakes, MN. 


Lightly hazed, bright golden hue, large and lasting ivory head. Looking great!

In the nose: light, airy, malty. Minor hops. 

In the mouth: Here comes the smoke. This one was "lightly smoked", just a hint of it. Clean, lean-bodied, mostly malty, with the merest hop presence. Exceptionally drinkable. Almost huggable. I like these Hammerheart beers that are nothing like other Hammerheart beers, busting down public perception. They're not all dark and super-smokey. Some are easy and breezy, drinking down like a dream, while still holding a lot more character than your average pilsner. 

A bright, hoppy, mildly smokey Pilsner brewed for springtime bonfires and the coming warm weather after the long Minnesota winter. 

And here I go again, waiting to try it until the end of it's run, drinking my last can in autumn, while we wait for that winter to come roaring back. I blame the fact that it's a pilsner, and I don't go nuts for the style. I am trying to keep on top and stop the backlog, but it is hard, Lord, it is hard. 

No comments: