Sunday, October 31, 2021

Headflyer Kingfield Coffee Porter

Headflyer Kingfield Coffee Porter.

5.8 %, 28 IBU. Headflyer Brewing, Minneapolis, MN. 


Dark brown, nearly black, fully opaque, with a slim, soon-gone brown head. 

In the nose: Rich & earthy, coffee/cocoa/malt bonanza. Wonderful. Almost indulgent. 

In the mouth: Big coffee flavors on the palate at first sip, slightly bittersweet, warm, delicious. Just the right balance. Medium bodied, smooth, scrumptious. Yes, I said "scrumptious" and I'm sticking to it. Chocolate notes keep time with the coffee. 

I liked this one tremendously. These notes are from can 3 of 4. Good thing I saved one more, so I don't have to mourn it's loss so soon. 

A delicious collaboration between Headflyer and Five Watt Coffee. A vanilla bean infused, lacto-porter infused with Five Watt espresso concentrate, Five Watt Crossover coriander bitters & black Hawaiian sea salt to perfectly emulate the Kingfield latte.


No comments: