Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Une Année The Devil's Reign 2021

Une Année The Devil's Reign 2021. Belgian Imperial India Pale Ale with Citra and Simcoe. 

Alc. 9.2 % by Vol. 9 IBU. Dryhop Brewers Collaboration. Une Annee Brewery, Niles, IL.

Clear, bright golden color, slim white head. 


In the nose: Boom goes the bubblegum, banana bops in. Huge Belgian yeast esters. general fuzziness, smattering of hoppiness. 

In the mouth: Sighlty soft and smooth. Hoppy flavors emerge to compete with the Belgian notes. Medium bodied, pleasantly hopped. There's a nice Belgian IPA underneath all this, and I miss that style. Lordy, how I miss it. This is a tasty Belgian IPA, supple like a fawn, bulging  with delicate fruity notes, the promise of high alcohol, and a kiss of the funk. 

I am sorry that this is only the second Une Annee beer here in the Nib (technically the third, but I shouldn't count Hubbard's Cave beers), and I have had the opportunity to try more, but passed on that. I'll try not to make that mistake in the future. 

No comments: