Friday, October 22, 2021

Venn Community Hops 2021 Fresh Hop IPA

Venn Community Hops 2021 Fresh Hop IPA.


6.5% ABV. Venn Brewing, Minneapolis, MN. 

Very clear, very bright golden hued, large and lasting ivory head. Looking amazing. 

In the nose: Fresh, vibrant, hoppy as heck. Bold citrus notes. 

In the mouth: Crisp, brisk, delicious. Blasts of bitterness. Classic American IPA, bitter and dry, with just a dose of juicy. Citrus and stone fruit flavors abound. I already covered delicious, right? Candied apricots and orange peels. Damnably delicious, this. Ooops, I said it again. Great beer and you can most assuredly drink it. 

Fresh Hop IPA made with hops grown right up the road at 38th & Hiawatha.

This growler was actually consumed, and the notes written, very soon after purchasing the beer, only a day after it was received at the retail store where I currently work. About two weeks ago. Why did I put off publishing this post? Because I wanted to pair it with ...you know what, never mind, I'm just a bad procrastinator, and have to quit these terrible habits. 

No comments: