Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Wooden Ship Rick's First Day Smoked Pale Ale

Wooden Ship Rick's First Day Smoked Pale Ale. 


6 % ABV, Wooden Ship Brewing, Minneapolis, MN. 

Have I ever had a smoked pale ale before? Does anyone make such a thing? And why not? Good questions...

Lightly hazed, bright golden hue, slim white head. 

In the nose: Citrus hop notes smothered in smoked malt aromatics. 

In the mouth: Smooth and smokey. Citrus and berries on the palate, light malt, low bitterness. Smoke is more subtle as we go along. Very tasty and exceptionally drinkable, for such an interesting beer. Keep making them like guys, and I'll keep drinking them. 

I had to take this one home from the brewery to celebrate Rick Didora's new adventure in the beer world. I had just learned of his leap into sales the previous day, when Rick came a-calling at the retail store where I currently work. The manager/beer buyer and myself had decided just the week before that is was time to bring their beers in at last, so it made for Rick's easiest sales call yet. 

Pale ale brewed with smoke malt and dry-hopped with Belma hops. Strawberry and orange notes balanced with subtle smoke

No comments: