Thursday, October 28, 2021

Remedy IPA India Pale Ale

 Remedy IPA India Pale Ale.


6 % ABV, 65 IBU. Remedy Brewing, Sioux Falls, SD. 

And now, folks, we have the third beer from South Dakota to appear here in the Nib. The first two were from the Crow Peak brewery of Spearfish, and there were given to me by a regular customer at the Blue Nile, over 10 years ago, April of 2011. Here is the first South Dakota brewery to be distributed to Minnesota in modern memory, Remedy Brewing of Sioux Falls. Four of their beers arrived at the retail store where I am currently employed. I went with the IPA, of course, for the first one that I would try out. 

Clear, with a slight chill haze, bright golden coloring, large ivory head, leaving lace, looking good. 

In the nose: Bold, assertive citrusy hops. Grapefruit, orange and lemon pop. Plenty of pine. Certified Dank.

In the mouth: Just about juicy. Vibrant hop attack upon the palate. Light body, crisp, clean, and easy-drinking, for the hopheads among us (such as myself). Has all the hallmarks of my favorite style of IPA, brisk and bitter, refreshing and thoroughly enjoyable. All that citrus from the aroma is back on the tongue and swimming in the mouth. More dankaliciousness. 

I'm writing notes on can #4 of the 6-pack giving me two more to enjoy. Although, it's sold out at our store. I waited until we were down to the last 6-pack to take a chance with my own money. But, if you see it, don't hesitate. It has the Bitter Nib seal of approval.

Here's a funny thing, though. This seems to be a new beer made just for distribution. When I check on Untappd, there are only 197 check-ins to it, and my four check-ins have me tied for #1, for an IPA at a brewpub nearly a four-hour drive away. On the other hand, we learn that they are credited with 209 beers, and one IPA of theirs, Nonsense, has over 2,700 check-ins. 

Also, seeing that a brewpub in South Dakota is being distributed here in cans, and to other bars and restaurants in their home state makes me wish that in the case of liquor laws, I wish Minnesota were more like South Dakota. 


No comments: