Sunday, October 31, 2021

The Brewing Projekt Wet Hopped Dare Mighty Things IPA

The Brewing Projekt Wet Hopped Dare Mighty Things IPA. India Pale Ale brewed with El Dorado, Sabro, Wed Citra and Wet Mosaic. 

7 % ABV, The Brewing Projekt, Eau Claire, WI. 


Wet-hopped/Fresh Hop ales have been in short supply these days. Surly didn't make theirs this year, nor did Indeed. People are asking me about them, and I don't know what to say. For whatever reasons, the breweries aren't making them like they used to, I guess. Not worth the effort? Couldn't tell you. Then, out of the blue, The Brewing Projekt released three of them together, and I did something I try not to do, and spent $18 on a 4-pack of 16-ounce cans. Well, I could've gone with the Gunpowder IPA wet hop for $16, but I want more of an IPA IPA, not a tea IPA. And now I will inspect the contents and decide whether it was worth $4.50 a can, before my employee discount. 

All hazed-up, of course, bright golden hue, large, fluffy white head. Looking good. 

In the nose: Ah! That is a fresh one! Bold citrus notes, spilling out grapefruit and lemon, 

In the mouth: Juicy on the palate at the start, with bold, citrusy hop expressions. Just enough bitterness to give it my seal of approval, but not too high to bring the hazy fiends down. Medium bodied, smooth-ish, and easy-type drinking. I am enjoying this one. I'm taking notes on can #3, so I have one more to drink without thinking about it. Delightful. 

Our classic IPA w/ El Dorado, Sabro, Wet Citra, and Wet Mosaic hops

Wait, why isn't it 100% wet hop? That's the good kind, don't you know? 

No comments: