Monday, June 8, 2015

Blacklist Cran


Blacklist Cran, Maidens D'Or Series, Belgian-style ale brewed with cranberries. Alc. 10% by volume. Brewed and bottled by Blacklist Beer, LLC, Duluth, MN.

Appearance: clear, bright pinkish hue, slim white head.

Aroma: tart and fruity. Dry 'n' funky. I want to say it's "cran-tastic", but I'm going to wait until I'm sure.

Taste: Did I say tart, dry, and fruity? I did. Did I almost say "cran-tastic"? Also true. Light bodied, refreshing, alcohol is so-far well-hidden. Famous last words, I know.

I like this just fine, but it isn't terrifically complex. I'd like a little more more, please. Just a schooch more character and I'd be happier.

You know what? I forgot to read you the gobbledygook. Come back later, and I'll find it and do just that. It's the least I could do for you.

No comments: