Wednesday, May 31, 2017

LynLake Sultry Maiden Gose

LynLake Brewery Sultry Maiden Gose. 4.5% ABV, 42 IBU.

Lightly hazed, nearly crimson in color, lush, off-white head. Looking good, but definitely different from other goses I’ve seen.

In the nose: fruity. funky. odd. floral. something’s been added to this? hibiscus? pomegranate? You never know, these days. (Maybe I'm imagining it?)

In the mouth: tart, then sweet. Fruity, yes, but not fruit-infused, I don’t think. Salty. Smooth. Refreshing. Tasty. Something akin to chocolate malt is coming through. Am I imagining this, amidst the coriander and sea salt?

Tartness returns again with each new sip, goes down easy. It’s not as intensely puckering as some may want, but it’s got the tart and it’s individual. Special. Approachable. And I can dig it. Nice try.

No comments: