Sunday, February 25, 2018

Sociable Ciderwerks Freewheeler Dry Apple Cider

Sociable Ciderwerks Freewheeler Dry Apple Cider. 6.4% ABV. Sociable Ciderwerks, Minneapolis, MN.

Boy, this is a long time coming. I finally got some samples. That's all it takes. Just give me the beer, or cider, and I'll write about it. Well, I wrote about the first one two weeks ago, and I got the 4-pack some weeks before that. I'll get to the other two soon, but for some reason, in the past two weeks I've opted not to pick one from the fridge. I'm on a mission to close it on out. But we start with Freewheeler:

Clear, bright golden, no head.

In the nose: Sweet, slightly tart, very apple-y.

In the mouth: ah, that's nice. Straight up cider. Dry, a little tart, and fruity. Never too sweet, this one. Light bodied and refreshing. Snappy, scrappy, satisfying. It's good cider, and you can drink it. Mmm, mmm. If I were drinking a cider, I'd be drinking this one.

Freewheeler blends the Midwest’s finest freshly pressed apples with a touch of lightly hopped cane sorghum. The result delivers more mouth feel, more bright acidity and more effervescence than most cider… never too sweet and always a refreshing alternative to great craft beer.

No comments: