Sunday, October 7, 2018

Blake's Hard Cider Co. Wake Fire

Blake's Hard Cider Co. Wake Fire. Infused with Michigan Cherries and Orange peel. 6.5% ABV. Blake's Hard Cider, Armada, MI.

Clear, pale gold, no head.

In the nose: bright, golden apple. Cherries slowly unspool, traces of citrus, too. Cherry gets bigger and bolder.

In the mouth: Crisp, dry, bursting with fruit. Light bodied, easily consumed, and tasty. It's a good cider and you can drink it. And drink it, I will.

One more time, I've got to say it: I'm trying to find the trick to writing about cider. Is there anything I'm missing? Do I have to learn a new terminology? Am I getting it? I'm giving it all I've got, and I want to know if I'm doing it right. Until I learn better, I'm going to keep trying as best as I can.

It's impossible to replicate a Michigan summer. Recreating a northern night under the stars would be a futile endeavor. So, we've done the next best thing - we've crafted summer's perfect ally. Experience WakeFire, a comforting blend of Michigan-grown cherries, orange peel and our famous Blake's apples.

No comments: