Monday, September 2, 2019

UFO Big Squeeze

UFO Big Squeeze. Beer. Grapefruit Juice. Shandy.
Harpoon Brewery, Massachusetts. 4.5 % ABV. 11 IBU.

Hey, guys, guess what? I'm still dedicated to reviewing every beer I come across. Even samples that I get that aren't really my thing. Still gonna review and post. Can't stop me. Even though I've got plenty of better beers calling my name, I've got to give some time to the grapefruit/ hefe weizen shandy. And away we go....

Cloudy, hazy, orange, slim head.

In the nose: Big grapefruit. Big soda. Not much beer.

In the mouth: Citrus bite up front, followed by a flood of grapefruit. All is light and smooth thereafter.  Refreshing and utterly insubstantial. Much more juice than beer, here. Not my cup of tea. Or glass of grapefruit juice mixed with beer and soda. And you know what I think about those.

It’s back! In 2014, we released our first UFO summer seasonal. In 2016, we retired it. And the people spoke. Loudly. And started a Facebook campaign to bring it back. Well, we are. But this time, it’s full time.

No comments: