Thursday, November 4, 2021

Stone Enjoy By 10.31.21 Hazy IPA

Stone Enjoy By 10.31.21 Hazy IPA.

9.4 % ABV, Stone Brewing, Escondido, CA. 


I almost skipped this one. Another "hazy"? Sigh...So, I was late in picking it up. But I bought with a week to spare. Of course, I can have one a night, and get them all done in time. And I did drink the first five before the countdown clock struck. Yes, I enjoyed five of the six before that arbitrary holi-date of 10-31...and, well, it really doesn't matter? Here comes my notes on can #6, two days after I turned into a pumpkin. 

It's all hazed up, alright, but not too, just enough to stay cool. Bright golden hue, slim white head. 

In the nose: Big hops, bold citrus, certifiably dank. Huge lupulin rush. Candied apricots and fresh squeezed orange rinds, grapefruit and lemon. 

In the mouth: Juicy, dank, citrusy stuff to be sure. Just enough bitter and then some. Sleek bodied, easily drunkable. (That's not a typo.) Bam, it's a hop explosion and I'm digging it. Dripping hoppy goodness all over the palate, over the lips, and off the chin. Absolutely lovely. 

Stone Enjoy By 10.31.21 Hazy IPA is here to haunt your beer fridge with a hazy look and a heavy helping of Citra, Mosaic, Amarillo and Nelson Sauvin hops. But the refreshing dryness and huge tropical fruit flavors in this double IPA are nothing to be afraid of. The only thing that would truly be terrifying is missing out on this frighteningly fresh creation…

No comments: