Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Arbeiter Cranberry Arbeiter

Arbeiter Cranberry Arbeiter. 

5 % ABV, 20 IBU, Arbeiter Brewing, Minneapolis, MN. 

And now we have a beer that maybe I should've opened up last week, on Thanksgiving Day. Or at any time in the last five days. It matters not why or how not, but I'd better drink it up quick, I've got three more Arbeiter beers to get to, so let's get to drinking. 

It's a cranberry version of their "light ale", sometimes referred to as a kölsch, but not necessarily by them. 

Clear, deep crimson coloring, small white head. 

In the nose: There's the berries. All-cranberry, nothing but. Not too tart, though. 

In the mouth: Here it is on the palate as well. Bit of a bout between tart and sweet, but it's mostly pleasant. Little bitterness, minor malt. Not much happening underneath the fruit. Light bodied, clean, slightly tart, simple. 

I would have taken this to my family gathering, but instead I met up with friends. Was I thinking that it wouldn't have gone over as well with my beer nerd friends, or was it just that I wanted to bring more interesting beers to our get together? 

I think the answer is both. 

No comments: